About this Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team manufacturing a wide variety of metal enclosure products. The Welding department utilizing best-in-class Fronius machines and Panasonic robotic weld cells plays an integral role in daily production activities. New technology sector products constantly evolving make the work place interesting and rewarding.
- Interpret engineered drawings / weld symbols to fit and weld a variety of steel, aluminum, and stainless products.
- Fit precision metal fabrications to guarantee geometry of weldment prior to applying final welds.
- MIG weld all three materials typically between 1mm and 5mm thick including all joint types and up-hand seam.
- TIG weld steel and stainless steel specialty enclosures.
- Establish and program settings for Miller and Fronius welding machines including CMT technology.
- Ensure quality workmanship and efficiency in all daily production activities.
- Follow company procedures for accurate production reporting, quality assurance, and safety.
- 3+ years of previous welding and fitting experience with thin sheet metal assemblies.
- Verification of weldment geometries using quality instruments including height gauge, calipers, and protractor.
- Experience with fitting techniques using modular weld tooling would be an asset.
- Strong level of competency in MIG welding practices.
- Solid comprehension of AWS welding symbols and techniques.
- Strong ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/diagrams.
Headquartered in Guelph, Canada, Melitron is a full service contract manufacturer of complex metal enclosures and electro-mechanical assemblies. Melitron specializes in providing flexible manufacturing solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) competing in technology markets. An integrated business model provides customers with a single source manufacturing solution encompassing design, fabrication, finishing and assembly. For more information, visit www.melitron.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
All employees must wear face shields and their own PPE.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Welder / Fitter: 1 year (Preferred)