Position Summary: The lead person works under the direction of the Shift Supervisor to provide training, guidance and direction to assigned employees in an efficient, clean, safe, and cost-effective manner in order to achieve the goals and key performance metrics of the company s objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and delegates daily tasks to assigned production welding employees to work stations.
- Efficiently uses the company s computer system to collect labor hours and track process information on each job.
- Supervises employee duties to ensure Safety, Quality, and Productivity goals are met.
- Trains production employees as needed on welding technical items.
- Ensures all daily production cards are filled out properly with the correct cost centers, part numbers, job number, and time worked on parts on MES.
- Ensures housekeeping is maintained in bay areas.
- Utilizes Microsoft Outlook (email) to communicate within and outside of the department.
- Checks the fit up of each assembly within their area of responsibility.
- Operates various material handling equipment, to include but not limited to, overhead cranes, forklift, and pallet jacks
- Ensures machinery, tools and equipment are in good working order, and all tools are retuned to shadow boards at the end of each shift. Reports and replaces any damaged or missing tools immediately.
- Assists employees in reading blue prints and interpreting weld symbols.
- Solves production issues as they arise.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are being followed and gives input in development of new policies and procedures for continuous improvement as needed
- Provides cross training opportunities to capable/qualified individuals0
- Assigns work to meet daily priorities, helps to determine if departmental overtime is needed to meet customer ship dates and provides any other assistance as directed by management.
- Observes and documents employee performance for management.
- Conducts Daily Safety and Startup meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED is preferred
Experience: 2 to 4 years progressive experience in welding manufacturing operations environment
Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Must possess the ability to operate various material handling equipment, to include, but not limited to: overhead cranes, forklifts, and pallet jacks
- Must have the ability to pass all welding requirements and be able to weld at a Certified B Welder leve
- Knowledge of manufacturing of steel or metal fabricated structures is preferred
- Must learn how to effectively use the Epicor/Vantage ERP computer system to report data, check job schedules, inventory levels, routings, bill of materials, as well as, train new and existing employees
- Must have the ability to analyze, evaluate, and comprehend construction documents to include: drawings, specifications, blue prints, weld symbols, safety rules and various manuals in English
- Competent in Microsoft Office and other industry computer applications including a strong understanding of ERP systems and their operations
- Must possess exceptional leadership and team-building skills
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, frequently exerting 30 pounds of force,
- Must have the ability to climb in and out of the forklift
- Must be able to perform work functions while standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to reach, grasp, bend, stoop, crawl under or climb over product
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials
- Must be able to work in a production environment exposed to heat
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual
- Must be able to pass Commercial Driver s vision test requirements
Sabre Wide Cultural Elements:
Cares about our customer, each other and the product/outcome they deliver
Leads with questions to understand the how and why so that we can improve
Competes with a passion to achieve uncommon results
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity