Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
- Fuses (welds) metal structural components together by means of arc welding using one process in the fabrication of steel electrical poles, substations, and other structures.
- Performs welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning and lying out of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence.
- Performs some welding on objects involving moderate safety and load requirements working in one position.
- Movement of pole shafts using an overhead crane and the gathering of parts and materials to complete the project.
- Performs other duties as directed by leaders and management.May also layout guidelines or marks on metal parts and may cut metal with a cutting torch.
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a minimum standard of productivity between 40.00% and 44.99% for the classification of arms, substation and t-pole
- Maintiain a minimum standard of productivity between 55.00% and 59.99% for the classification of SW pole
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited trade school for welding preferred.
- Must pass Valmont 1G hand weld test
- At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]