Looking for career opportunities, an employer who develops their people, a place to make your mark? If so, we are looking for you. MEI Rigging & Crating is a professional machinery moving company. We are a leader in our field and we provide quality machinery moving services to our clients ranging from Automotive, Social Media, and Aerospace companies to every industry in between. MEI Rigging & Crating is known in the industry for our professionalism, safety focus, quality methods, and skilled team. We are committed to ensuring that our clients can provide their services to the communities that we live in. Our people are our best asset and we invest in training, support, and we promote from within. If you are looking to be a part of a great team, please apply!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials
- Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving using hand and power tools.
- Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, and other equipment.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and using bolts and clamps.
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment such as forklifts, passenger vehicles.
- Controlling Machines and Processes — Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Examine work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles
- Controlling Machines and Processes — using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles)
- Read blueprints, understands how to use a tape measure, level, square.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Skills, and Education)
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- A minimum of two (2) years welding experience
- A minimum of two (2) years industrial services or related construction industry experience
- A minimum of two (2) years work experience using precision measuring tools and equipment: hand, power and pneumatic tools.
- A minimum of two (2) years of basic stick welding, i.e. handrail, minor fabrication, and structural steel.
Preferred Qualifications (Experience, Skills, and Education)
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Performing General Physical Activities — performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 50 pounds
Must be able to work in a highly functioning team environment. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI’s customers have come to expect.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
NO AGENCY INQUIRIES