WELDER – TEXARKANA, TX
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, applies appropriate welds to fabricate or repair trucks.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes to trucks.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repair of trucks.
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
- Conducts safety checks on trucks.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
- Performs service calls for truck repair.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Two years or relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Basic skills in welding techniques.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than _ pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”