Our fabrication shop, which is located in south Fort Worth, just south of I-20 on the I-35 service road, has a steady work load and great work environment. Do to growth we are currently filling welder positions on our team.
All applicant must be ready to weld test with hood and PPE. Test will be conducted with the use of our shops Miller Pipe Works welding machines.
MUST be able to PASS 2” pipe- 6G welding test.
Duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Welds and fits all designated materials together with the proper welding procedures.
- Primarily metal core (MCAW), and Sub Arc (SAW) welding with some GTAW.
- Read and understand plans and specifications, for vessels and piping work.
- Plan, lay-out, weld, install test and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of ASME, plans, specifications and industry standards.
- Follow established shop safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products; install supports, valves and other control equipment; test installed piping systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications; bolt, clamp or weld parts to secure in position for welding; weld components according to specific process and code.
- Completes work defined by lead or production manager each day. Directions will include work scope and time allowances to complete work.
- Works to achieve a quality job. Checks to insure his work meets quality standards and are within tolerances specified. Verifies all work with proper instruments prior to QC inspection .
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment weld testing given by company Quality Department.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 6G Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- ASME Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- General Fabrication Training: 2 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place