Quad Industrial group is a servicing company driven by free Market and have the key values of Integrity, compliance and Innovation. The preferred candidate will be capable of establishing techniques and procedures; interpreting codes, standards, specifications and procedures; recommending particular test methods, techniques and procedures to be used.
Candidate shall be deemed to have the competence to interpret and evaluate results in accordance with existing codes, standards and specifications and have sufficient practical technical background to select methods and establish techniques and to assist in establishing acceptance criteria where none are otherwise available. The inspector will be able to perform straightforward unsupervised inspections in accordance with an inspection and test plans for new equipment or a written scheme of examination (WSE) for in-service equipment which is not subject to statutory requirements.
Able to assume responsibility for a ‘user inspector’ operation and demonstrate a clear and justified view of the subject of risk. Be able to make detailed comparisons of inspection results with code/defect acceptance criteria and justify conclusions using code calculations. In cases where corrosion and other in-service defects are found, the inspector is able to allocate severity levels and contribute input to a risk-based-inspection (RBI) scheme, if applicable.
Roles Accountability and Responsibilities
- Coordinate QA/QC activities and staffing for project sites.
- Oversee Non-conformance Reports (NCRs) and Corrective Action Requests (CARs), and rework reporting from field to project management.
- Oversee uniform delivery of Quality Control over all field locations.
- Develop, implement and manage project specific quality management, control plans and Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs).
- Manage and perform audits/inspections of project sites to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements, client specifications and QMS.
- Direct daily operations of project quality team performing inspection duties and compiling quality documents for turnover packages.
- Maintain suitable and accurate records for the welding, coating and other quality control requirements.
- Liaise with client inspectors on quality related issues.
- Liaise with the warehouse and Project Controls teams as required.
- Maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) including regular reporting to the construction management team.
- Assist the Project Team in the development of relevant quality related plans.
- Review awarded Construction Work Packages (CWPs), identify any deficiencies and submit to the Project Manager for review.
- Review scope of work and client documentation and raise Requests for Information (RFIs) as required.
- Assist with development of Field Installation Work Packages (FIWPs) for projects.
Skill & Knowledge Required
Education / Experience / Technical Skill
- High School Diploma.
- Engineering degree (Mechanical, Civil/Structural), or graduate of an applicable technical diploma program is considered an asset.
- CSA 178.2 Certification CWB Level II or industry equivalent is considered an asset.
- NACE certification is considered an asset.
- 10 – 12 years of experience in a field quality inspection role in the oil and gas construction industry (preferably pipeline/facility construction).
- Understanding of the oil and gas construction industry (preferably pipeline/facility construction).
- Ability to read and understand relevant construction documents including drawings, specifications, procedures and codes of practice.
Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity Requirements and Environmental Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Drug and Alcohol Test Pass is Mandatory for Every personnel
Interested Candidates should send resume with Candidate Name and Job title as heading to: [email protected]