We are searching for experienced Fluxcore Mig Welders for our manufacturing facility located in Lincolnton, NC. Upon passing a welding test, this position can start immediately.
- 2 years minimum of on the job welding experience
- Pass a welding test (will be welding machines and their sub-assemblies)
Welds metal parts with gas welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram or work order.
- Positions parts in jugs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks
- Selects torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal
- Connects regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders and welding torch
- Turns regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch and adjusts gas mixture and pressure, to obtain desired flame
- Holds torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint, applying filler rod to molten area to form weld
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts
- Applies flux to workpiece instead of filler rod
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces
- Welds along vertical or overhead weld lines
- Scarfs or grooves weld prior to applying filler metal
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag or spatter
- Cleans or degreases parts
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and minimum two years related experience or training or welding certification.
- Ability to read/interpret blue prints
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands/arms
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
- Monday – Friday
- 1st – 6:00am-4:45pm
- $40 Referral Bonus
- Weekly Pay with Insurance Benefits
- Great Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
For immediate consideration: Call 704-750-3304
Interviews will be held at our office located in Kings Mountain.
We do not offer phone or zoom interviews at this time. All interviews are in person at our corporate office located in Kings Mountain, North Carolina.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
Weekly day range:
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Flux welding: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location