CSP Piling is expanding! We are looking for a highly motivated individual with knowledge and experience working as a Pipefitter (Apprentices Welcome!) An applicant must be excited about implementing new technologies such as Data Center Manufacturing to utilize excess energy.
The Steamfitter/Pipefitter will be responsible for the installation and repair of low/high pressure piping systems and their components. Through the use of blueprints and project specifications, the Steamfitter/Pipefitter will construct and repair piping systems that carry water, steam chemicals and fuel. Other responsibilities will include the testing of systems once they are in place, troubleshooting and ensuring their ongoing functionality.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements;
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machine;
- Select type and size of pipe required;
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools;
- Weld, braze, cement, solder, and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system;
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems;
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment;
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system;
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system;
- Involved in working with power tools and heavy equipment.
- Other duties as needed.
- Active Apprenticeship Program; Steamfitter / Pipefitter – as a minimum
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others;
- Perform heavy maintenance work involving climbing, rigging, and exposure to high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance with all company safety procedures;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Demonstrate practical problem solving ability. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2A 2N6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- pipefitting: 1 year (preferred)