Gulf Copper Energy Services is seeking first class structural aluminum welder that are capable of welding on Pulse GMAW. Testing site will be in Galveston, TX. Project will be located in California, hotel and per diem included.
Duration & Hours: Project will be for 60-75 days. Working 6-10’s.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school Diploma, some college or technical school, certification, six months to on year(s) experience or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Must pass an ABS, or ASME weld test. Must also be able to pass x-ray testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to comprehend and utilize blueprints, sketches, drawings, technical
manuals, and work process instruction.
- Welds steel plates and pipe in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels, industrial components, and associated equipment.
- Have the skills to use various types of welding equipment for different types of metal.
- Welds components in a flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Performs related tasks such as cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Welds metal parts together using gas welding, brazing, arc welding, wire fed welding, or tig welding process and procedures.
- Highly skilled welders often are trained to work with a wide variety of materials, such as titanium, aluminum, or exotic metals, in addition to steel.
- Select and set up welding equipment, execute the planned welds, and examine the welds to ensure that they meet standards or specifications.
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, etc.
- Must be able to stand and operate equipment up to four continuous hours.
- Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE.
- Some climbing (100 feet or higher) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
- Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
- Work on inland and offshore barges or in industrial settings.
- Enter round manholes with inside diameters of 18”, and other internally confined spaces.
- Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings and technical manuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values and safety program.
Powered by JazzHR