HERD, the leading manufacturer of front-end collision protection bumpers, is now accepting resumes for the Aluminum Welder position on our Overnight Shift.
As the Aluminum Welder, you are responsible for the welding of the various components of a bumper.
- Must have good working knowledge of the English language – both verbal and written
- Must have a reliable vehicle to get to & from work (we are not located near bus routes)
- 1-3 years’ previous experience in Aluminum welding
- Able to perform work while standing and able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Able to read/use a metric tape measure
- Experience with fitting
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work alone in welding bay
- Experience using bandsaws would be an asset
- Successfully complete a welding test (tests only given to those selected for interviews)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive starting wage with an additional $1/hr premium for Night Shift
- Steady full-time employment
- Positive work environment
- Opportunities for growth
- A healthy work/life balance
- Group Benefits
- Company matched RRSP plan and much more!
HOURS OF WORK:
- NIGHTS: 10:30PM – 7:00AM; Sunday to Thursday
No in-person applications will be accepted at our facility. Interested applicants can submit a resume by responding to this ad or on our website www.herd.com only.
We appreciate the interest of all who apply; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
**HERD is not located near public transportation routes, and candidates must consider this before applying.**
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- MIG Welding: 1 year (Preferred)