The purpose of the Welder is to accurately set up and operate welding equipment to weld and assemble trailers, hoists and fabricated parts (may include working Robotic Welder) to production card specifications. Quality is of the utmost importance in this role. This person will assist with continuous improvement and lean initiatives by following process flow, remaining flexible to complete tasks as part of a team. The welder is expected to offer suggestions and improvements by actively communicating with their department supervisor and plant management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prompt and reliable attendance so we can meet our customer needs.
- Ability to perform basic math to determine ability to measure, assemble and problem-solve.
- Ability to determine and make welding equipment adjustments as needed, read complicated instructions, blueprints and measuring devices
- Must be a team player working with co-workers, other departments and/or other TBEI facilities. The focus is on meeting company goals and initiatives.
- Ability to learn operations of multiple machines/jigs within a job area and must be able to regularly rotate jobs to meet job schedule, team needs or to meet any safety recommendations.
- Must work at a reasonable pace (measured by production efficiency) and within our quality standards to insure timely completion of tasks and must work overtime as required to meet customer needs.
- Must work in a safe manner following safety procedures, including: wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), completing maintenance requests and communicating hazards to co- workers and management.
Essential Skills, Experience and Education:
- At least 2 years of continuous welding experience, preferably with aluminum or steel
- Must be able to use various measuring tools
- Must be able to read prints and manuals
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Regularly required to lift, carry, pull and push 25lbs. unassisted
- Regularly standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and turning
- Exposed to outdoor weather temperatures
Required Work Hours and Schedules:
- Must be able to work between 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM
- Occasional Saturday’s or evenings, as required to meet production needs
Consistently Achieves Results – Effectively manages budgets; meets planned financial targets; achieves both top and bottom line growth objectives; readily produces strategies for reducing or avoiding costs without compromising quality; meets the Customer’s satisfaction level; meets or exceeds the standards set for the position specific responsibilities.
Analytical Abilities – Makes recommendations based on solid assumptions when solving complex problems; analyzes data to obtain meaningful information; identifies conflicting or inaccurate information.
Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers.
Interpersonal Skills – Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the company; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Customers; gets Customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; considers Customers in all business practices; establishes and maintains effective relationships with Customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Aluminum Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Steel Welding: 2 years (Preferred)