BMT Canada Ltd is recruiting a Welding or Materials Technologist with over 5 years of related experience. This position is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Welding Technologist or Technician (or Mechanical Technologist or Technician with applicable welding experience) with a demonstrated ability to work independently and follow work instructions. As a member of the Asset Performance Service (APS) group, you will join a small team of outstanding professionals, supporting business development, health & safety, quality management systems and technical execution of research projects and service contracts. The position will involve welding, machining and support to physical trials and forensic investigations preferably related to the oil and gas, civil and/or marine industry. You will have a working experience with welding, cutting, non-CNC machining activities and familiarity with testing and metallurgical investigation.
to learn more about the work our team is doing.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in welding with any or all of the following processes – SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, and SAW. Experience with laser welding would be considered an asset;
- Experience with machine shop activities including machining
- Non-CNC machining experience (milling, turning, saw cutting, grinding, drilling, etc);
- Ability to work on tasks independently and as part of a team;
- Mechanical system aptitude; and
- Ability to read drawings and follow directions
Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating:
- College diploma from 2-3 year Technologist / Technician program or like certifications with suitable experience / background in welding;
- Metallurgical sample preparation;
- Mechanical testing;
- Instrumentation experience; and
- Expertise related to forensic and metallurgical investigation; and
- Nondestructive Examination and / or visual inspection certifications would be considered assets.