Nason’s teamwork approach combines the efforts of our professional engineers, technical staff and skilled trades people to deliver challenging projects through safe operations and specialized services. Nason rewards innovation and creativity and promotes a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
We provide a wide variety of training including job specific safety and leadership training for apprentices and journeypersons. We value trade experience and support opportunities to advance into other positions in the firm including estimating, project management, site management or safety. We offer competitive wages, proper tools and a comprehensive benefits plan provided through The Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC).
We are always searching for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our ever-growing Nason team. Please take a look at our current opportunities.
Nason is currently seeking applications for Apprentice Iron Workers for work in the Wood Buffalo area.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Unload and stack steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- This position will also include spark watch
- Erect and install scaffolding, construction cranes and other hoisting equipment
- Assemble rigging (cables, pulleys, hooks) to move heavy equipment and materials
- Attach cables from a crane and direct crane operators using hand signals or radios
- Ensuring safe work practices, EH&S processes, and OH&S compliance are followed on site
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You must be a registered Apprentice in the trade of Ironworker
- Experience on major industrial project sites
- A positive attitude towards safety is expected and imperative
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Have CSTS-09 or CSTS 2020, WHMIS 2015, OSSA Fall Protection, Spark Watch Ticket
All candidates must be able to produce a negative result on a drug & alcohol test.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Nason, however only those identified for further consideration will be contacted
Edmonton (Nason), Fort McMurray, AB