Automotive Parts Technician/Fabricator
RhinoPro Truck Outfitters is a nation-wide industry leader in aftermarket parts installation and fleet services. We are a fast-paced company growing exponentially. With over 20 locations nationwide, jobs are available with the benefit of upwards expansion within the company.
We are currently seeking an automotive fabricator and technician in the San Marcos/Austin area to hire for our store in San Marcos, TX. As a parts technician you will install parts and services on trucks, jeeps, and vans. These accessories range from lights/tonneau covers to lift kits and service bodies. As a fabricator you will work on service bodies and utility bodies for installation. Welding skills and/or certification is REQUIRED. Other fabrication specialties are preferred. RhinoPro will provide reimbursement for certification if it has lapsed.
- Perform all installations and services
- Participate in the service and installations of utility/service bodies
- Perform welding jobs/tasks
- Maintain accurate work logs
- Perform inspections of completed installations/services to ensure complete and thorough quality of work and sustainability for the vehicle to return for other projects
- Work with other employees to provide quality customer service
- Other requirements as assigned
- Proficiency with installing bolt-on accessories
- Welding experience (MIG/TIG)
- Lift 50+ pounds
- Must be organized and able to complete jobs in a timely manner
- Tools/Equipment of your own is preferred**
- Perform a broad range of automotive installations from bumpers to lift kits and utility/service bodies
- Read and interpret reports to aid in management of shop duties
- Enter customer and vehicle information digitally/manually (computer and paper)
- Sound safety practices and principles
- General trade techniques, materials, and practices that are related to automotive installations and repair
- Work well cooperatively with other installers and managers
- Work safely without presenting a direct liability or threat to others
- This is a demanding job requiring good eyesight and/or corrective lenses, hearing, balance, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and lifting
- At least a year of experience in other industry-related automotive or mechanical positions as a mechanic, repair specialist, or similar. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. ASE Certification is a bonus.
- At least 1 year of welding experience -and/or- welding certification
In addition to compensation and commissions, RhinoPro offers a wide range of available perks and benefits including (but not limited to): Medical & Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Employee Discounts, and others.
RhinoPro Truck Outfitters is an equal opportunity employer and is proud of the diversity of our workforce. Employment offers include a requirement for completion of a background check, MVR check, drug/alcohol testing, and employment verification.
RhinoPro is your one-stop shop for all your Truck, Commercial Truck and Cargo Van needs.
With install facilities conveniently located throughout the United States. We offer sales, installation, service, technical & warranty support and a friendly staff to help answer all your questions before and after the sale. We can upfit your van or truck tailored to your needs and within your budget. Whether you have a fleet of several dozen or a single vehicle we have you covered. With a Custom Shop mind frame and pedigree, you can feel rest assured that we will treat every install like a custom project with a fit and finish second to none.
In business for over 25 years and with decades of experience in upfitting customer’s vehicles we are able to offer professional advice on a number of options for your ride. Whether you need something simple or wild and over the top we are here to provide you with what you need. With a reputation for high quality, honesty, integrity and unmatched customer service we are glad and proud to be the place for all your needs.
What you can expect from RhinoPro:
- Excellent Customer Service
- Knowledgable Staff and Expertise
- Competitive Pricing
- Fleet and Upfit specialist
- Installation, Sales & Service
- Technical & Warranty Support
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Automotive Technician: 1 year (Required)
- Welding: 1 year (Required)
- San Marcos, TX 78666 (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply