- The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part.
- Performs a variety of welding processes such as hellarc, gas, arc, brazing, silver soldering, soft soldering and the like on a limited variety of materials such as stainless, aluminum, steel, copper, brass, exotics or others.
- Performs layout operation, develops fixtures on one-of-a-kind units and selects optimum welding processes.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devises and equipment.
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Monitor the fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion or expansion of material.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS label.
- Operates metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Reads and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Organizes all welding equipment, supplies, tools, etc. necessary to complete assigned jobs and checks all documentation available.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hollywood, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Aircraft maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Airframe & Powerplant License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location