At Oceanside Industrial Saws, we specialize in manufacturing small and large band-saw blades for customers throughout BC. We provide sharpening, retipping, repairs and customer support in a one-stop-shop for most saw supply needs. Our work is guided by three core principles: quality, integrity, and reliability.
Reporting to the owner, the successful applicant will join a small team of four in our stable, family-run business. The successful applicant will have opportunities to grow, learn new skills, and participate in our Pay for Skills Program, while contributing to business growth! We offer an inclusive, conscientious work environment with flexible hours negotiable. Covid protocols are in place. On-the-job training will be provided.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for accurate manufacturing of small band saw blades: this includes accurate cutting of coiled steel, welding steel into bands, and dressing off the weld
- Responsibility for maintaining stock levels of coiled steel bands: stock varies from ¼” to 2” widths
- Preparing small band-saw blade orders for shipment
- Assisting with large band-saw blades on and off equipment as requested
- Helping the team achieve a tidy shop environment
- Responding to customer inquiries with professionalism
The successful applicant must work well in a team environment, have an eye for detail, and be able to adapt to changing tasks as the situation requires. Ability to trouble-shoot or work on machinery would be considered an asset. Saw Filer apprenticeship opportunity negotiable.
Reference ID: 2021-BSF-02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All customers are required to wear a mask. Curb-side pickup/drop off is available. Employees are required to wear a mask when working within six feet of each other.
Ability to commute/relocate: