BC Journeyman Plumber and BC Ticketed Class B Gas Fitter Service Technician
Responds to customer calls regarding plumbing and drain problems in their homes or business. Diagnoses the problem, presents and discusses options to solve the problem, prepares a written quotation, receives written authorization, and performs the service to the customer’s satisfaction.
Drive truck or other vehicles within the territory and sell plumbing services. Will also take orders and collect payments.
Assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities –
- Drive trucks in order to provide services.
- Collect money from customers, process credit cards payments and record transactions on customer receipts.
- Call on prospective customers in order to explain company services and to solicit new business.
- Record sales and complete paperwork.
- Inform customers of service contracts and products.
- Write customer orders and sales contracts according to company guidelines.
- Listen to and resolve customers’ complaints regarding products and services.
- Assemble pipe sections, tube and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Communicate with office and/or dispatcher with respect to job status, arrival at job site, estimated duration of work, report information with respect to payment and time of job completion.
- Professionally represent the company and follow the 14 step program and adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe bending machines.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Maintain proper inventory in truck.
- Maintain and repair plumbing equipment.
- Marketing to prospective customers per company policies and guidelines, such as leaving brochures and fridge magnets, delivering brochures to neighbors.
- Follow company guidelines and policies and procedures at all times.
Physical Demands –
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling of 100lbs or more.
- Almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and or loud noises.
There are rotational on call shifts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,856.00-$104,850.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Day shift
- Residential Service Plumbing: 2 years (Required)
- BC Journeyman Plumbing Ticket (Required)
- BC Gas Fitter (Required)
- English (Fluently) (Required)