Join a global leader in motion and control technologies!
Parker Canada is hiring a permanent full-time Certified Welder-Assembler in our Milton, ON location.
The successful candidate would be responsible for supporting Parker Canada Cylinder Manufacturing department.
Basic Function/Essential Duties:
- Prep and weld cylinder components per job ticket/drawing/other engineering or sales information.
- Able to access and read blueprint drawings, follow all applicable instructions using all equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Able to access manufacturing, programs and documentation using a computer
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to ensure worker safety
- Perform preventative maintenance on Welding Equipment.
- Communicate any known production problems or engineering problems to the related departments as necessary.
- Cylinder Assembly and other duties as assigned.
- Must have 2-5 years seasoned welding experience
- Grade 12 SSGD or equivalent experience
- Welding certification by a recognized institution (must be certified by CWB-Welding Cert. of Canada)
- Experience/Tickets in MiG Welding, Tee Joint Welding, J Groove Welding
- Experience welding on Mild Steel and occasionally on Stainless Steel
- Basic Shop Math Calculations
- Inspection of parts (inspection techniques, interpretation of tolerances, gauges)
- Inspection Equipment Knowledge
- Verniers, Micrometers, and other measuring devices
- Welding Certification required
- Crane certificate
- WHMIS training
Selected Candidates will be required to perform Test Weld in Parker Milton facility as per Parker Work Instructions. (Note: instructions are on WI- MN-019 in ISO – cannot disclose the document)
Once hired, candidates should be able to perform welding as per Parker Engineering Standards (Detailed welding instructions can be found on ES-027 / ES-028 -Parker engineering standard- cannot disclose)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you reliably able to commute to Milton, ON facility?
- Welding: 2 years (required)
- Canadian Welding Bureau Certification (required)