Hours: Monday thru Thursday 6:00 AM till 4:30 PM
All overtime will be voluntary ( including weekends)
Appalachian Rail car Services, LLC in Amarillo, TX is currently seeking candidates to fill our open Tank and Rail Car Mechanic positions.
We are looking for welders, construction workers, manufacturing professionals, fabricators and farm workers to train in the rail car industry.
We offer our team members:
- $22/hour to $24/hour with room to grow
- The Ability to be Home Every Night / No Travel.
- 401K with Company Match
- Full Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid on the Job Training
- Referral Program
A Railcar Mechanic at this facility will be responsible for all aspects of railcar repair and maintenance, which includes welding. The team member must be able to read and understand blueprints, make car repairs in compliance with FRA and AAR rules and keep good repair records. As well as, ensuring all company guidelines and safety rules are followed and met while performing job duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and write English at a high school level
- Work in hot and cold environment, in and out of the weather; work safely around heavy equipment and on top of and under railcars, as well as around railroad tracks.
- Knowledge of machines and tools required to weld, cut and gouge
- Perform/ prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions including basic blue prints and schematics.
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to steel toed boots, eye protection, ear plugs, gloves, hot work PPE, and fall protection.
- Background in welding, construction, manufacturing or similar industries
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Mechanical/ Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location