Here at Eclipse Automation, creation and innovation is at our core, and our culture reflects that. Fast-paced and continuously fostering growth, we encourage the entrepreneurial spirit that our Teams embody, and leverage each of their strengths to do better for our people, our clients and our communities.
Our teams are made up of are innovators, thinkers, and doers, with the know-how and expertise to exceed expectations, and the relentless spirit to create and reinvent. Our people are what enable us to live up to our name – to eclipse all others, inspiring and creating outcomes that change the world.
When you join Eclipse Automation, you become a member of a dynamic world-wide team of experts, visionaries, dreamers, and builders whose know-how is unparalleled. A team that’s helping design and build our future, one innovation at a time.
Come and see what your future has in store. Your next exhilarating career move await.
What’s In It For You?
The Eclipse team is 800+ strong, working out of seventeen locations across five countries and three continents. Our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. That’s why we ensure that they’re taken care of with comprehensive benefit packages that support the growth and well-being of each and every Eclipse team member.
About Our Shop-Based Teams
Our Shop-Based teams are the foundation of our organization: the builders, the do-ers, the movers and shakers, the ones that get the job done right – every time. They’re MTBIs, Electricians, Machinists, Welders, Fabrication Helpers and more. They’re experts at what they do and pride themselves on a job well done. Exuding passion and embodying teamwork, our Shop-Based employees lay the groundwork for everything that we do at Eclipse. That’s why we need team-players, high-performers, and dynamic do-ers just like you – the ones that love the work they do, that turn blueprints into high-technologies and concepts into realities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor, the Machinist will assist in the development and implementation of machining policies and procedures, liaise directly with other department personnel to ensure project goals are met on budget, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) mill, lathe, router and 3d printer
- Set up and adjust production machinery
- Knowledge of Fanuc, Haas, and Hurco controllers
- Oral communication, Working with others
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and actively participate in group meetings safely
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not met
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and or travel as required in varying timelines
- Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Expectation of travel to Eclipse locations is less than 10% of time, however may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet organizational needs
- Candidate is the owner of a Certificate of Qualification for a General Machinist or has demonstrated equivalent experience in a automation/manufacturing environment
- 5 years or more experienced machinist
- 2 years’ experience programming using Mastercam
This position is open for Eclipse HQ in Cambridge, Ontario.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.