ZACHRY is currently seeking experienced Industrial Combination Welders for Work at Lyondell Matagorda,
- Must have the ability to weld in 2g, 4g, and 6g conditions.
- Must be able to Stick and Tig weld on Pipe.
- Must have current applicable welding certification with Zachry or be able to successfully pass a weld test.
- Must have 4+ years welding experience.
- Must have all required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must have all the tools listed below upon start date.
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Layout, position, aligns, cut, assemble, and fit metal components together in various body positions and in various places.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or arc gas welding equipment.
- Weld metal materials to piping systems equipment using the appropriate welding procedure for the various equipment and metal types involved.
- Identify all equipment for job and process.
- Identify all safety risks and requirements.
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Previous experience in this position with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Current Zachry Certification.
- Experience working as an Industrial Pipe Fitter.
- Former experience working an a Combined-Cycle power plant construction project.
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at slight heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in weathering conditions including heat conditions while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
Weld Test/Certification Required
- Weld Test: (4) 2” Ø .625” thick pipe. (3) GTAW and (1) GTAW/SMAW