Plan, lay-out, weld, install, test and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with applicable plans, specifications, welding codes and industry standards
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, diagram and lay-out for pipe welder’s work
- Coordinate with field labor crew for efficient installations
- Position the weld set up, fit the piping and perform welds involving a high degree of precision independently
- Lay-out, and assemble pipes accurately and according to production standards, quality requirements, safety requirements, code, design, and specifications
- Make welding repairs and substandard welds
- Assist with coordination of any Pre-Fabrication layout or installation
- Assist with rigging of material
- Operate air arc gouger, grinder, stress relieving machine, and other industry machines, tools and equipment
- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Inspect subordinate’s work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
- Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools and layout tools as well as measurement tools
- Able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must have all required tools
- Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.