Pride Signs is a proven leader in the sign industry with a 30-year history of success derived from a stringent focus on providing organizations with a single-source sign solution. Signage is the most essential marketing tool that must communicate a highly visible and positive impression. Our skilled team is experienced in both creating new concepts and working from corporate standards to produce a complete range of signs. We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team.
- Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with company philosophies and applicable law that include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; generate positive feedback and constructive criticism; address all employee concerns and provide resolution; support team by providing technical expertise; plan and assign all work in a fair, equitable and ethical manner.
- Provide support to fabrication team by providing technical expertise; plan and assign all work in a fair, equitable and ethical manner.
- Conduct daily shift start up meetings and participate in production and scheduling meetings.
- Conduct monthly safety talks, submit training log and completed safety quizzes to Human Resources.
- Address employee safety concerns, report and record all injuries, follow up and implement corrective actions, complete, and document safety training. Submit signed and completed safety corrective actions and training records to human resources
- Assist HR with the design, implementation, and monitoring of any Early and Safe Return to Work programs. Ensure employees work within the physical restrictions identified and in accordance with program.
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment at all times. Demonstrate respect for all plant, health and safety standards and ensure personnel work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Communicate with all production departments, daily and weekly requirements to maintain an even flow of work through the cell.
- Liaison with engineering department for labour estimates, work order and quality issues.
- Manage the communication of ECN (engineering change notices) and ensure fabricators have current information.
- Ensure all direct reports perform quality checks to ensure product matches the drawings prior to moving to another department.
- Ensure final inspection is complete on non-standard finished product prior to leaving the department. (example non-repeat items, or one offs)
- Perform final inspection on non-standard finished product prior to leaving the department (example non-repeat items, or one offs).
- Review the quality of the final parts and green tag jobs accordingly including completion of any checklists and photos where applicable
- Participate in Kaizen activities
- Plan and organize cross training opportunities in conjunction with other department lead hands to ensure adequate flexibility of labour
- Manage and oversee timekeeping, overtime approvals, and vacation scheduling for all direct reports
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Education & Experience
- Minimum High School
- Minimum 4 years experience supervising and directing reports
- Expert welding experience, GMAW and knowledge of welding principals
- Experience in custom fabrication shop preferred
- Basic computer skills in Outlook, Work and Excel
- Job Profile and Cognitive Indicator match
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$32.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Supervisory: 4 years (Required)