Weldco-Beales Manufacturing designs and manufactures specialized heavy equipment attachments for the construction, forestry, mining scrap recycling, road maintenance and resource industries throughout Canada, the USA and internationally. Weldco prides itself on providing a great employee experience where safety always comes first. Weldco-Beales is currently recruiting a Custom Plate Fabricator/Fitter for our Barrie Branch. This position will report to the Shop Foreman.
This position is for our Weekend shift. This shift is scheduled as Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
Weldco-Beales prides itself on maintaining a strong culture of safety, hard work, and pleasing our customers with high quality customer service and products. We have an all hands-on deck attitude where everyone has a genuine interest in the company’s success. We all know if the company does well, we all do well. We are looking for like-minded people who will support our culture. If you fit the bill, please read on…
What you will do:
- Work with heavy plate steel,
- Read and interpret blueprints,
- Plan the sequence of tasks and assemble parts according to drawings,
- Fabricate steel weldments and use measuring instruments,
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates together to form complete units or sub-units,
- Fasten components together (by tack weld) in preparation for a welder to complete the process,
- Adhere to quality control standards and procedures,
- Operate and use various other tools and hand grinders,
- Active participation in WBM Safety Program, ensuring that workplace safety exists at all times,
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Experience in a heavy steel fabrication/machining/assembly environment
- Overhead crane experience
What you bring to the position:
- Be proficient in the use of all tools common to the fabrication shop environment,
- Knowledge of acetylene cutting,
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others,
- Time management, organizational and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent safety record,
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
If you feel you fit the overall profile, please clearly demonstrate this on your cover letter and resume when applying.
What we bring:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, insurances, Employee Assistance Program
- Company Pension Plan with 3% company matching
- Rewards – employee incentive program, service awards, company/team events
- Personal growth, career advancement opportunities
- Feedback and recognition for a job well done
- Education and apprenticeship support
- A workplace that prides itself on safety, cleanliness, respect, and results.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation) and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Powered by JazzHR