Long-term employment opportunity with regular overtime in a Modern Safety Oriented Fabrication facility, uniforms and excellent company paid benefits provided(health/RRSP). Our Welders/Fitters are considered the “best” in the industry!
Welders to perform ½” – 1 ¼” multiple pass fillets using a variety of 1/16-3/32 Flux core wires.
The ability to perform manual welding and repairs to RT/UT quality standards preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Work in a safe manner, complying with all health, safety and environmental guidelines/regulations
- Welding of large complex components using different working knowledge of various types of metals, filler metals, welding parameters, preheat, post heat, interpass temperature.
- Ability to understand and follow welding procedures and specification
- Follow all QA requirements and complete required documentation
- Ability to perform manual welding and repairs to RT/UT quality standards and in multiple processes preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with overhead cranes ,lifting and turning weldments from 10 up to 80 ton.
- Ability to plan out weld sequence on weldment for proper weld wrapping and welding efficiency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet required Quality standards and Completion times.
ABS Machining is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workplace. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodations for any part of the application process can contact Human Resources at 905 625-5941. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$32.00 per hour