Kubes Steel Inc.is a growing company “Where Metal Takes Shape” and where we want to shape your career with us.
We are an internationally renowned industrial steel fabricator, manufacturer and the largest steel section roller in Canada. Established in 1974, our company has locations in the Stoney Creek / Hamilton area serving the energy, resources, primary metals, marine and environmental industries.
We have an immediate full time opening for an experienced Custom Steel Fabrication Fitters to join our afternoon shift team (Monday-Thursday 3:30pm to 1:30am 10 hour shift) at our Burlington Street, Hamilton location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in compliance with Kubes Steel Inc. Health & Safety policies and procedures in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its Regulations.
- Meet external and internal customer requirements in a timely fashion.
- Fit and Assemble products to meet Kubes Steel Inc. Quality standards.
- Layout reference points and patterns for parts as required.
- Prepare material as per drawings.
- Fabricate sub-assemblies.
- Operate welders, torches, clamping tools and grinders as required.
- Post welding check the sub assembly or assembly to ensure all required completed and within acceptable limits.
- Manage multiple tasks and assigned sequences within all tolerances and specifications.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Takes pride in satisfying customers’ requirements in a team setting.
- 5+ years of custom fabrication structural plate fitting experience
- Fitter 437A Certificate of Qualification (Metal Fabricator preferred).
- High school education or equivalent.
- Read blueprints accurately.
- Ability to read text and make calculations and measurements accurately.
- Be familiar with welding processes in an ISO environment.
- Current welding ticket(s) would be an asset.
Wage level to be based on relevant work experience.
We offer a competitive benefit package that new employees are eligible for after 3 months with our company including extended health care, emergency travel assistance, dental care and life insurance. After a year with the company added to our coverage is vision care, short-term and long-term disability coverage plus a safety boot allowance.
To apply to Kubes Steel Inc. please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of our Human Resources Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Kubes Steel Inc. however only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries or agency calls please.
Kubes Steel Inc. is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse background.
Kubes Steel Inc. is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information about our company please visit our website at www.kubesteel.com
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Kubes Steel Inc. COVID-19 Policy includes hand washing guidelines, use of hand sanitizers, physical distancing of 2 meters, cleaning work areas and touch points, procedures for employees returning to work and for all visitors.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Blueprint Reading: 3 years (preferred)
- Custom Steel Fabrication: 1 year (preferred)
- Structural Steel Plate Fabrication: 1 year (preferred)
- Custom Fitting: 3 years (preferred)
- current welding certificate (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place