At Aecon, we’re building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We’re always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Bringing seamless solutions to key clients through operational excellence and reliability. With the ability to self-perform across our diverse business offering, and a strategic fabrication network, Aecon Industrial proactively and profitably manages projects across a diverse range of industrial business areas; (Renewable Energy, Natural Gas Distribution, Oil and Gas, Water, Mining, Cogeneration Energy, Chemical etc. www.aecon.com). Aecon Industrial is also known for the pioneering of prefabricated piping services to better manage site labour and the integration of specialized coating systems into the fabrication process.
Want to work at Aecon? Aecon is well-positioned in the Canadian marketplace as an industry leader in the development and construction of infrastructure. We have a roster of ongoing major projects here and abroad, record backlog diversified across multiple sectors and duration, and a robust pipeline of future project pursuits. We are in a strong market position, but we are ultimately aiming higher.
At Aecon, people are at the heart of everything we do. Aecon is focused on identifying, attracting, and hiring talented and diverse Custom Steel Structural CWB Fitters / Welders for our Cambridge Fabrication Shop.
- Fabrication duties will include all aspects of the structural steel trade which includes specialized trade specific machinery and tools such as mag drills, track burners and cutting tools including oxy-acetylene.
- Welders will be required to work from fabrication drawings and be knowledgeable in standard practice weld Symbols.
- Fitters will be required to interpret fabrication drawings and blue prints and be fluent in interpreting welding symbols.
- Preference will be given to applicants that have current CWB certification in all position flux core and metal core wires.
- Preference will be given to C of Q Structural steel certified fitters and or individuals that have been grandfathered in do to their work experience and time spent.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Certificate of Qualification or Diploma for Structural Steel/Platework Fitting.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in Structural Fitting
- CWB certification in FCAW or GMAW is preferred
- Able to read and work off blue prints and fabrication drawings as well as understand Weld Symbols
- Up to date overhead and forklift certs would be an asset
- Must have a good attitude and understand that safety always comes first
- Must have experience with hand tools, grinders, etc.
- Welding Applicants will be required to perform a preliminary weld test prior to employment to showcase their talent.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now to this job posting. When we have an immediate opening that aligns with your background and experience, a member from our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail!