This is an exciting time for Malin Newbuild Ltd part of the Malin Group, as we enter a phase requiring a number of dynamic new roles to support significant project delivery. Reporting to the Group Project Manager an opportunity has arisen for a Project Supervisor based at our Westway Site, Renfrew.
The purpose of this role is to support the business senior management in delivering and delighting the customer to maximise return business and revenue. The fabrication manager’s key roles will be the management and supervision of the workforce and where required provide education and training to ensure all works are carried out in a safe manner, to quality required, cost and schedule.
Job title/Role – Project Supervisor
Person – Dynamic, career driven, self starter who is at all times willing to rise to a challenge and lead by example with honesty and integrity.
Type – Full time
Hours – Monday to Friday or Sunday to Thursday
Location – Westway Renfrew
Level – Management/team leader.
Unit – Malin Newbuild Ltd
Travel – No
Salary – Competitive
Start – October 2020
Interviews – Week Starting 28/09/2020 at Westway Offices
Key leadership/People mgmt skills
Must lead from the front and by example. Have a proven ability to solve problems and act on own initiative. High levels of energy and self-motivation. An ability to communicate clearly & concisely both verbally & written. Proven track record in team leadership.
Key interpersonal/Behavioural skills
Ability to influence and motivate stakeholders within a variety of environments either onsite or within the office environment, ability to perform and deliver on demand. Act at all times with honesty and integrity.
Key Mental/Analytical skills and challenges
Able to collate, analyse and act upon information/data from a variety of sources and produce good quality management data for general manager/director level decision making.
Role and Responsibilities and major tasks/activities
- Plan and control work to ensure all work is carried out safe and to time, cost and quality.
- Track, monitor and report progress on work.
- Manage team resource.
- Manage health and safety of the workforce and work area including carrying out daily toolbox talks and plan of the day talks.
- Contribute to design for fabrication and installation.
- Manage stock control and inventory.
- Provide fabrication costs for new projects.
- Develop and implement weld procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineer/fabrication drawings.
- Evaluate and approve the scope of work contained within proposals.
- Carry out team appraisals and assist in the recruitment process.
- Input into training requirements.
- Ensure timesheets are completed for the workforce on time and to quality.
- Workforce Welfare Reports
- Weekly workforce meetings
Key interfaces (internal)
- Project manager.
- Operational Resource Manager
- Production Manager
- Project engineers.
Key interfaces (external)
- Supplier base.
- Client interface and management when required.
- Subcontractor management.
- Other specialist services.
Minimum 7 years experience in fabrication shop environment.
Minimum 3 years in management/team leader role within the fabrication environment.
Working knowledge of oil and gas/marine fabrication works and standards.
Broad knowledge of welding and fabrication operation and procedures that includes as a minimum:
- Metal Active/Metal Inert Gas (MAG/MIG)
- Gas shielded Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Oxy-Acetylene cutting/welding
- Machine/workshop power tools and machinery.
Good standard of secondary education.
Hold relevant and up to date welding certification with registration.
Have previous coding certification.
Able to effectively and efficiently use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to use Microsoft project desirable.
Preferred Skills and experience
Higher education in relevant subject area desirable.
Appointed person qualification/certification desirable.
Health and safety qualification/certification desirable.