Analyze and prepare surfaces to weld and perform welding as the parameter settings defined and operational procedures.
Roles and Tasks
- Analyze and prepare areas to be welded, per drawing, AWS, WPS, and/or work instructions.
- Run the finish on parts using sanders, in order to ensure the desired results.
- Ensure the quality of processed products according to the standards of control.
- Repair the welding processes that do not meet the quality, using sanders.
- Run the graffiti of the doors according to the standard operating procedures
- Perform manual welding, arc-air, back grinding & gouging, grinding (door-frame and repair dress-up).
- Perform tractor welding using Submerged Arc Welding method
- Run the gauging of the doors according to the standard operating procedures;
- Perform welding of complex parts (e.g: doors)
- Educate and train welders as well as ensuring compliance with the safety standards using the appropriate PPE
- Optimize the means and tools placed at their disposal.
- Avoid unnecessary downtime in the process; ensuring productivity and daily targets are achieved.
- Filling in all inspection and production forms per requirements.
- Attend training program when called.
- Perform other tasks related with the requirements for the exercise of the function.
- Perform other tasks required by the supervisor.
- Respect Safety Standards and use of PPE.
- Clock-in and clock-out (mark attendance with the punch card) at the beginning and at the end of the shift.
· Execute clock-in and barcode reading in the SAP stations at the beginning and at the end of each task in production.
- Carry out activities related to 5S in the area.
These roles and tasks are only enunciative but not limitative. Additional work-related tasks and responsibilities can be assigned to this position as per job content requirement and/or Supervisor’s request.
Profile / Professional Competencies / Job Requirements
· High School or equivalent (GED), or
· Elementary education plus minimum experience required.
· Standards and safety procedures.
· Standard operating procedures.
· Able to communicate and/or to read and understand instructions in English
IT / Technical Knowledge:
· Basic computer knowledge
Minimum Experience Required:
· Six months on manufacturing, assembly or industrial process.
Physical and Safety Requirements
The ability to lift 20/40/80 pounds regularly
The ability to move, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp and walk around the manufacturing facility without restrictions
The ability to stand upright on feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
The ability to respond quickly to sounds
The ability to move safely over uneven surfaces or in confined spaces
The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
The ability to work in extreme weather and wear all required personal protective gear correctly all day
The ability to withstand noise and dust in manufacturing plant and warehouse environment.
- Comply with the defined waste management practices, including the safe management of chemicals, where applicable, according to Material Safety Data Sheets and PPE requirements.
- Be conscious of the environmental impact of their tasks, and take initiative to reduce and correctly manage waste amounts, also by reminding peers of proper waste management practices
- To report any waste related issues and observations to their Supervisor, and/or the Environmental Responsible of the plant.
All employees are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk. Safety is everyone’s responsibility. At ALL times safely is a condition of employment with GRI Towers Texas. Working according to State, Federal, OSHA and local health safety standards, rules and regulations is mandatory; this includes but not limited to GRI internal company safety standards (IPRL) and waste internal procedures.
· Bilingual (English-Spanish)
· Interpersonal Relationships, focused attention, flexibility, initiative, organization and commitment.
Internal Candidates and/or Employees from other GRI factories, are considered competent for this job if they have at least 2 years of experience on similar processes.
GRI Towers Texas, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.41 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Amarillo, TX 79108: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location