A Dredge Welder 2 is responsible for welding associated with the dredge, attending plant, and pipeline.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the deck department with routine inspections and repairs of dredge
- Perform all welding repairs and maintenance aboard dredge
- Make repairs to pipeline on the shore disposal area as necessary
- Assign, inspect, and approve the work of other welders
- Assist the deck crew when no welding projects are available
- Other duties as assigned by the Captain, Deck Captain or project site management
- Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an “Incident and Injury Free” work environment
- 1-3 years marine welding experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work 84 hour work week
- Ability to live aboard vessel for full rotation
- Ability to understand hand signals and verbal commands in English
Required Certifications or Licenses
- TWIC – Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Driver’s license
- Merchant Mariner Credential, (preferred)
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.