- Lakeville, MN
- Monday-Friday, First Shift
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Welder Repair Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical, mechanical and control functionality of welding equipment for Airgas and Airgas’s customers. This position will repair engine drives, inverters, transformers and automation equipment. The position is required to maintain an inventory of parts and supplies and maintain all required documentation including tracking of all work hours for appropriate customer billing.
In particular, you will:
- Travels to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs, perform routine/preventative maintenance and perform calibration on all types of Airgas.
- Completes all service orders in a timely fashion.
- Maintains inventory of parts in the Airgas facility.
- Communicates routinely with manager on the job status, daily activities and condition of equipment.
- Communicates with vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers and others, providing information on repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc.
- Maintains database of and schedule of all calibration and preventative maintenance on Airgas and Airgas’s customer equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent Required.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior related electrical and or electronics repair experience.
- Prior experience using SAP preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google suite applications and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Must have general mechanical aptitude.
- Regularly required to move up to 60 pounds and transport up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Frequent local travel (85% of work time). Must be willing to be away from home for customer service calls and certification schools approximately 10% of the time (estimate 2 days per month)
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation and valid US driver’s license.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability