Looking for an exciting opportunity in the nuclear industry? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components and fuel for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Join the energy conversation with Framatome Inc. on Twitter: @FramatomeUS and Facebook: @FramatomeUS.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
Under general supervision, performs varied and more difficult welding engineering tasks requiring application of established techniques and procedures.
Provide in house welding and manufactuing engineering expertise to the company with regards to the application and interpretation of codes, processes and practices affecting welding, fabrication and quality assurance activities.
Assignments involve responsibilty for planning/conducting a complete task or portion of a larger project under direction of more experianced staff.
Performs routine and non-routine Weld engineering assignments typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems, analyzes solutions and assesses each using standard procedures.
- Receives assistance and instructions on unusual or more complex features and possible solutions, as needed.
- Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Builds knowledge of organization processes and customers.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
Skills and Knowledge:
Demonstrated knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria ; Good communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data ; Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships ; Good problem identification and problem resolution skills ; Engineering organizations may have additional qualification requirements with established criterion to demonstrate success including such items as training courses and/or qualification cards.
Builds constructive relationships, Communicates, Learns constantly, Shows creativity, Knows the professional environment, Is results oriented, Is quality oriented, Is customer oriented
Physical Requirements The employee must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position, walk, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to operate a computer on a continual basis and communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Welding, Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering/Engineering Technology completed by start date plus 0-2 years of relevant work experience. Candidates with an advanced degree and/or experience may be considered for a higher level position.
- Please attach a copy of your unofficial academic transcript as part of your application. Transcripts can be added in the Profile Attachments section (Step 5) of the online application.
- PENG/EIT designated required
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Previous internship/co-op experience in field of study
Mechanical or metallurgical Engineering graduate with co-op curicullam from an accredited Canadian university
Willing to accept a long term commitment and possible re-location
Detail oriented with excellent decision making and problem solving skills
Willingness to continue a professional development through in house and external training
Willingness to work hands-on in a shop and field environment for the purpose of training and professional development
Special interest in materials science including chemistry, manufacturing and robotics / automation
Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.