Midwest Fabricators Ltd. provides custom metal fabrication, laser and plasma cutting, and welding services for industrial, commercial, and residential applications. We are a proud member of the Canadian Welding Bureau, Manufacturer’s Health and Safety Association, Edmonton Construction Association, and West Edmonton Business Association. We are enrolled in the Partners in Injury Reduction program and were awarded a Certificate of Recognition for providing a safe workplace.
We are seeking a professional estimator to become a dynamic part of our team.
The successful candidate for this job must have the following qualifications:
- Analyze customer supplied documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates.
- Effectively prepare estimates for complex jobs and solve complicated issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, vendors, and contractors.
- Work with estimating team to ensure at estimates are prepared and sent to customers in a timely manner.
- Evaluate processes and develop new methods to increase efficiencies and propose new policies.
- A minimum of 3 years estimating experience
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and specifications for materials
- Should have project management experience
- Proficient in both AutoCAD and ProNest
- Knowledge of AutoSketch is an asset
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, please do not apply as we will not consider your job application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$32.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees, visitors, contractors, and clients must adhere to Midwest Fabricator’s COVID-19 Response Plan protocols.
- Are you proficient in AutoCAD?
- Are you proficient in ProNest?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Blueprint reading: 3 years (preferred)
- Estimating: 3 years (required)
- Custom Metal Fabrication or related: 1 year (preferred)