Who We are
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From the humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all of North America. Please visit our website at www.thompsonpipegroup.com
Thompson Pipe Group is currently looking for a Welder I.
This person will be responsible for the interior and exterior of every spirally welded cylinder that enters their designated station for welding defects, base metal defects, and dimensional tolerances and repairs those cylinders to meet specification requirements.
- Follow all safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Inspections the entire interior and an exterior surface of spirally welded cylinders and perform repairs in compliance with AWWA C200 and additional job specifications as required.
- Reports repairs and dimensional measurements accurately of cylinders to the nearest 32nd of an inch.
- Utilize oxyacetylene cutting torch to square cylinder ends and perform repairs as needed.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs to welding equipment and tools.
- Must properly use tools and care for equipment provided by the company to complete job tasks.
- Maintain workstation by keeping it clean, organized, free from clutter and trip hazards.
- Work under general supervision; will report to a crew leader and/or supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must pass 3G with the back gouge and back weld with FCAW process
- Must be able to weld within criteria. ASM section 8 UW-51 (100% RT X-Ray)
- Must be able to maintain a 92% acceptance rate with ASME section 8 UW-51 (100% RT X-Ray)
- This position frequently requires standing, sitting, kneeling, stooping, crawling, climbing, use of hands to handle objects, operate controls, and tools. No limits of a range of motion.
- Able to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and verbal form.
- Must be experienced in flux-core welding, SMAW, SAW a plus.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the welding field.
- utilize the flux-core welding process, cutting torch, hand-held grinders, and whatever other tools necessary to complete these repairs.
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem Solving and Innovation: Works well alone and in groups to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Meets challenges with resourcefulness and generates suggestions for improving work; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Organizational Support: Follows all policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values
- Communication: Listens and gets clarification; Response well to questions; participates in meetings and demonstrates group discussion skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Reads and interprets written information effectively; Presents numerical data effectively.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock
- There is machinery, moving equipment (cranes, bulldozers, and other moving equipment) and electrical hand tools at the job site
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (for instance, rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
- An improperly illuminated or awkward and confining workspace
- Working above ground level where the possibility of falling exists (i.e. on ladders, rooftops, bucket trucks, scaffolding)
- Loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is repeatedly required to climb vertical ladders.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee must regularly apply 75-foot-pounds of torque in the assembly, dismantling, erection, and installation of various types of structures, tank jig, scaffolding, etc.
- Regularly swings a 10-pound hammer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
What We Offer
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life and Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Training and Development
- Employee Discounts
- Career Opportunity!
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Pressure is an Equal Opportunity Employer Continue