As a well-established National organization, Canadian Maritime Engineering is a recognized leader in custom engineering and manufacturing. From its humble beginnings, in Marine based fabrication and repair business, to now providing national manufacturing and repair services to include industries such Oil and Gas, Mining, Power Generation, Manufacturing and National Defense Industries. For further details visit our website at www.cmelimited.com
We are currently looking for an experienced marine welder/fitter.
This is a hands on job in a fast paced marine ship repair shop. Individual must be committed and flexible to meet the needs of our wide range of customers. Some Travel is required.
· Current Red Seal Journeyman or apprenticeship certification with marine experience.
· Current SMAW AND FCAW tickets.
· One to Five years hands-on marine experience.
· Perform various welding and fitting tasks as part of ship repair projects.
· Candidates with current Confined Space, Ariel Platform, First Aid and Fall Arrest will be given additional consideration.
· Carrying out various welding tasks.
· Reading plans and interpreting required welding plans.
· Working with plans and cutting and assembling materials for maintenance, repair and replacement.
· Display strong communication capabilities and possess a high degree of self-motivation.
· Display strong punctuality, dedication and flexibility for job success.
CME is an equal opportunity employer and thanks everyone who makes application for this position. However, only those qualified candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $36,830.00-$63,573.00 per year