Huber Construction is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Precision Millwright / Welder for Houston, Tx
Huber construction is a Houston, Tx based Refractory Installation and Furnace repair company.
A Millwright will install, assemble, dismantle, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair machinery to specifications. This includes Oxygen/Acetylene cutting and patching damaged steel by stick welding.
- Must have experience in the field welding structural steel and pipe.
- Must have experience with industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance including welding skills.
- Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings, and engineering specifications and understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures.
- Must have experience and be able to operate a cherry picker and overhead crane.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools.
- Minimum 4-5 years industrial construction/maintenance experience Millwright experience
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed
- Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to ball mills, ID fans, conveyors, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors, etc.
- Will fit bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings.
- Will dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails.
- Fabricates and installs parts, equipment and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
- Will unload, inspect, move and set equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come along to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools and layout tools such as lasers, ultrasonic measuring and alignment tools, plumb bobs, cutting torches, welding machines, hydraulic torch wrenches, hydraulic stud tensioners, soldering guns and metal working equipment.
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
- Understand load properties of cables, ropes, hoists, and chains
- Demonstrated ability to use certified hand signals
- Organization and time management.
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Knowledge of math concepts, geometry, and layout
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to safety rules and regulations
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
- Must be willing to work weekends and Holidays as needed sometimes with short notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Millwright /Welding: 3 years (Preferred)