Pro Staff is looking for dedicated individuals to work with one of the world’s largest manufacturers of structural core materials, including marine, wind energy, transport, and aerospace.
We are currently seeking 1st and 2nd shift Production Associates for immediate openings in our Desoto manufacturing facility. Please review the information below and if interested submit your resume.
$15.00 – $15.50/hr
Shift Hours: **overtime during the week, on weekends, and holidays will be required**
7am-7:30pm (3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
7pm-7am (3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
The extrusion production assistant is a part of the extrusion team in an extrusion manufacturing facility that emphasizes safety, quality, customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale. You are responsible to assist in the operation of equipment associated with the extrusion process as defined by shop floor documentation or direction of supervision / management. The production assistant will have an understanding of the operating procedures for and the safe and effective operation of designated extrusion equipment as well as assisting in identifying quality issues in a timely manner.
- Insures the safe operation of conveyors, crosscut & trim saws, planers,polymer welders & various extrusion equipment through the use of department SWI’s and OJT, maintains a clean and safe work area utilizing 5S techniques where applicable. Understand all quality aspects associated with corporate finishes or know how / where to attain this information, train other operators, complete logs and travelers accurately and legible where required and identify areas of improvement related to their work areas. Assist extrusion leads & extrusion operators in minor maintenance and repairs. Stop activities if a safety or quality issue is detected and alert their lead or supervisor immediately.
- Responsible to work overtime as required in support of customer demand (daily and weekends)
- Maintain safe and orderly work environment throughout shift, assist in maintaining other areas of department when required.
Safety and Quality
- Able to comprehend and perform to Quality System Documentation
- Responsible to maintain housekeeping requirements within assigned area/s
- Understand and abide by company policy
- Understand and comply with PPE requirements
- Understand and comply with Health & Safety requirements
Academic / Educational Training Requirements
- 6 months of manufacturing experience – REQUIRED
- Forklift certification required/or ability to obtain forklift certification
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 2 years’ Extrusion/extruder operations or related manufacturing of Thermoplastic foams considered a plus
- Worked in Lean and 5’s environment considered a plus
About Pro Staff
Pro Staff is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.