Do you like working with your hands? Do you like building things? This is the job for you!
Westview Glass & Aluminum Ltd. is a family owned and operated business with over 20 years’ experience in the glass industry. We fabricate and install storefront, curtainwall and canopies for commercial projects in the lower mainland (Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley). We’re looking for a long-term employee who is reliable, punctual, and hardworking to join our growing team.
Your specific duties:
· Follow efficient and established fabrication procedures as instructed
· Measuring/cutting material, fabricate and assemble frames
· Offload arriving material from delivery trucks
· Deliver to job sites and pick up material from suppliers
· Operate fabrication machines and power tools as needed
· Arrange and organize materials for jobs
· Practice safe work procedures required for tools and equipment in the shop
· Work as a team to achieve production goals
· Willingness to put in the time required to become familiar with our processes
· Track time and keep record of work on various projects
· Assist in any other shop activities as directed
– Job site install as needed
· Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record and reliable transportation
· Fabrication and glass/glazing experience required
· Strong work ethic and mechanical ability
· Strong math skills and ability to read metric and imperial tape measures
· Good communication skills in English, both written and oral
· Highly organized, efficient time management and high attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong willingness to learn – you are interested in this role but also aspire to grow
· Good teamwork, communication skills and ability to follow instructions
· Treat co-workers and supervisors with respect
· Learn and comply with all WorkSafe BC standard safety policies
· Demonstrate ambition and desire to learn and build new skills
· Progression to trades position is possible with experience
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
· Fast-paced metal processing environment where personal protection equipment is required – steel toe boots, hearing, eye and hand protection
· Shop temperature and noise levels will fluctuate
· Working on job sites will require being comfortable with heights and working on scaffolding and lifts in all weather conditions
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time on concrete surfaces
· Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and handle material
· Involves frequent bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders and lifting objects up to 75 lbs
What we offer:
· ·Stable hours of work – Monday to Friday – 6:30 am to 2:30 pm (will vary depending on job)
· ·All required safety training and most personal protection equipment (excludes steel toe boots)
· ·Company vehicles for travelling to and from job sites and suppliers
· · Hourly wage is dependent on experience and skill level
We are only looking for the best of the best and look forward to learning more about you through your witty cover letter and impressive resume.
NO WALK-INS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Applications must include your cover letter, resume and references to be considered. Please state your wage expectation in your cover letter.
Position will start immediately. Wage will depend on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Expected Start Date: 2021-03-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$38.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees are expected to self-assess everyday before entering the workplace.
All job sites follow WorkSafe BC COVID-19 protocols.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place