Title: Fabrication Machine Operator – Sheet Metal
Reports to: Fabrication Team Leader
Shift: Afternoons 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM, Monday to Friday
Location: 24 Napoleon Road (North Barrie) OR 214 Bayview Drive (South Barrie)
Starting: $20.07/hour plus applicable shift premium (0.50/hour)
6 month: $20.65/hour plus applicable shift premium (0.50/hour)
1 year: $21.25/hour plus applicable shift premium (0.50/hour)
Operate a variety of machinery in a production setting to safely produce the required quantity and quality of parts on schedule in accordance with company specifications.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operate powered and manual equipment to OHSA/Company safety standards. Work primarily with CNC brake press or CNC Turret punch press and laser cutting equipment
- Load material into various fabricating machines and remove completed parts stacking them in a safe manner. Reset the material counter for the machine being operated.
- Produce a wide variety of parts which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical drawing.
- Read gauges and other measurement tools to determine and apply principles of geometric tolerances.
- Conduct quality control inspection checks at specified intervals to determine if the part produced is within specification.
- Complete required paperwork and work orders filling in the time spent and the quantity of parts completed.
- Complete tags showing the location for finished parts
- Perform lock-out /tag-out procedure for the machine. Know and use the safety features and requirements for the machine being operated.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment requiring maintenance according to maintenance guidelines and established procedures.
- Continue to grow Lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement to product and processes.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years relevant manufacturing experience or one (1) year of machine operating experience plus a successful comprehension test.
- Must possess the ability to read blue prints and basic parts drawings. College level blue print reading skills is preferred
- Proficient in the use of measuring tools, such as, verniers, calipers, tape measures, steel scales and protractors
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced multi-functional environment where priorities change regularly
- Strong communication skills with the ability to think independently while working with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced multi-functional environment where priorities change regularly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.07 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- machine operation: 1 year (Required)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Required)