For over 30 years, Progressive has been designing and manufacturing innovative, rotary finishing mowers for natural grass producers, golf courses and municipal/general use around the globe. Our investment in the latest 3D CAD software, integrated ERP system, and CNC manufacturing work-cells, drives our customer commitment to provide high quality products that deliver unmatched Productivity, Reliability, Durability, and Quality of Cut. We enjoy strong brand recognition and a solid reputation within the industry for well-designed, durable products that provide lasting value to the user. Our longevity is a testament to our commitment to our products and our customer’s needs.
Living in Seaforth, Ontario
This friendly community of 2680, with its small-town aesthetic charm, cosmopolitan culture, municipal amenities, and diverse population, is ideally situated in Ontario’s picturesque Huron East Municipality. Just a 20 minute drive away is one of the five Great Lakes of North America, Lake Huron, where residents and tourists alike enjoy the beaches and water activities year-round.
A leader in agricultural technology, innovation, and production, Seaforth is also a center of exceptionally successful businesses, industries, and medical research. This fusion of progressive town centers, rolling farmland, wildlife conservation areas, recreation, and entertainment means that there is something for everyone. Whether you want to relax and enjoy the sunshine, relax by the beach, or get yourself moving, Seaforth has plenty of parks, playgrounds, and trails to choose from – visit us today!
The Fabrication Machine / CNC Saw / Operator is responsible for processing raw material (steel) into fabricated parts that match the drawings and work orders and supply them to the welding department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Fabrication Supervisor, the duties and responsibilities of the Machine Operator include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Receives instructions, and work orders from your supervisor;
· Operates and Sets-up CNC Mitre Saw and Cold cut Saw and other Fabrication equipment as required (e.g.: Drill press, grinders, saws, Brake presses, hoists, plasma machine etc.) to fabricate parts;
· Ensures that work order quantities are correct, and properly fill out work orders
· Work in a safety conscious manner;
· Inspects product and adjust machines to ensure all product matches the work order and drawings;
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Effort Requirements
· Strong English reading and writing skills;
· Ability to understand basic math equations (i.e.: add, multiply, fractions, etc.);
· Strong attention to detail; must be able to read an imperial and metric tape measure.
· Understands shop drawings and mechanical principles to set-up and run machines.
· High School Diploma is an asset
This position interfaces with internal and external contacts:
· Internal: Production Supervisors, General Manager
· External: None
This role works out of a dynamic factory setting, with exposure to coolant, oil, grease, dirt and noise in a work cell area. This role requires frequent use of larger muscle groups (walking, standing and bending) to oversee duties of the role. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands.
This role works out of the Seaforth location, with no travel required.
Primary job function is to operate the CNC saw’s and assist with the Plasma table as needed.
You will load the correct materials on to the CNC saw and Cold cut saws for processing
You will load sheets onto the plasma table according to the latest date of the created nests.
Ensure that the correct consumables are installed.
Upon completion of the nest, unload the parts into the tumbler.
Priority is to keep the saws cutting at all times.
Secondary job function is to operate the Euromac bender, CNC Brake Press, Drill Presses, and grinders.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Any person being considered for hiring must have a minimum of two (2) Covid 19 vaccinations.
- Have you been vaccinated against Covid 19
- CNC Saw operation: 2 years (required)
Expected start date: 2022-08-29