Seeking immediately an on the tools, fabrication shop foreman. We are a well-established multi trade contractor located in Waterloo Ontario, in which is equipped with a custom fabrication facility. Our facility is a CWB approved, structural and miscellaneous steel fabrication shop. Our work ranges from large structural steel platforms, handrail, ladders, guarding, pipe supports, steel and stainless steel chutes/tanks, etc.
PURPOSE & KEY ROLE OF POSITION:
The primary function of this position is to grow with MWS on a hands on approach, leading and managing fabrication shop activities/operations, in an efficient, productive and organized manner. It is expected that the successful candidate will work on the tools, while also managing other fabricators and assisting them when required.
- Ensure adherence to all related Quality and Health & Safety procedures as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- Ensure familiarity with assigned jobs by reviewing all information and drawings.
- Manage 1-5 fabricators
- Maintain and control inventory of raw material, consumables, shop supplies and ensure that they are ordered when required.
- Knowledge of quality control procedures and ensure that projects go out the door defect free
- Assist in the development of competitive quotes for fabrication projects.(when required)
- Work extended hours as per job requirements
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS:
· Be comfortable in a fast paced and quickly changing environment and able to handle short and long term deadlines.
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue.
· Handling several diverse projects at one time
- Minimum 5-10 years in the fabrication/welding industry with 1-3 of these years in a supervisory/foreman role
- Related post-secondary education or training. (CWB knowledge/certification will be an asset)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAINING:
- Interpersonal communications skills
- Blueprint and engineered drawing literate.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving / decision making skills.
- Leadership/supervisory and initiative skills.
- Fitting of steel fabrications
· Welding capabilities and knowledge pertaining to SMAW, Mig, Tig, and Stick fluxcore
· CWB GMAW flat ticket
Please submit your resume to this posting
Thank you for your interest; those to be considered for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Shop Foreman: 1 year (Preferred)