Scope of Work
In this position you will be responsible for the preparation of complex parts used in marine seating designed for high performance vessels. Our customers range from special forces teams, government agencies and weekend fishermen. Attention to detail and quality of work is key to being successful in this role.
A successful and motivated candidate will have the opportunity to progress their skills and take on more responsibilities throughout the welding and fabrication shop over the course of their career. Many of our top welders started in this roll at a young age and have since moved up to take on our most complex fabrication components.
· Prepping materials for welding using router, orbital sander, drills/countersinks.
· Drilling, tapping, and countersinking CNC cut parts as directed by the Chargehand and perform tasks as per work orders and drawings.
· Following all first-off and in-process inspection procedures.
· Follow all regulated health & safety policies and procedures.
· Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
· Previous experience not required, a positive attitude and willingness to learn is more important for this role as we will be providing onsite training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sidney, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-12-30
Expected start date: 2023-01-04