AdvanTec Global Innovations, manufacturing made better. Whether it is designing and manufacturing the world’s most secure weather tight marine closures or engineering astonishing support structure for bridges, the team at AdvanTec is driven by passion, and an insatiable urge for creativity. Our Cranes Department at our AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada facility in Chilliwack, BC, is looking for an eager, energetic, and well experienced Metal Fabricator 3.
The Metal Fabricator 3 is responsible for reading and analyzing blueprints and engineering drawings to correspond with the required metal cuts. The Metal Fabricator 3 will be required to use a variety of light and heavy machinery to make their necessary cuts and to assemble the fabricated components into complete units.
Essential functions for this role:
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to assess materials needed and plan the sequence of tasks to fabricate products
- Operate light machinery, including grinders, sanders, cordless drills and a variation of saws
- Layout, fabricate and Install components in the final product
- Monitor quality of fabrication
- Adhere to all safety standards and SOP’s
- Other duties as required.
Required experience, qualifications, and skills:
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in related field
- Advanced knowledge of fabrication
- Red Seal Certification in fabrication required
- High school education
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Basic mechanical skills and manual dexterity
- Basic math skills
- Forklift operator certification an asset
Who we are and why you’d want to come work for us:
- AdvanTec Global Innovations is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization.
- We have a great benefits package and our full-time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program.
- We value our employees, and everyone has a voice in the organization.
AdvanTec Global Innovations offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com . Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Global Innovations. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.