WE ARE CLASSIFIED AS AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS!!!
Apex Aluminum Extrusions Ltd. www.apexextrusions.ca is a state-of-the-art aluminum extrusion factory located in Langley, British Columbia. Production of aluminum profiles began in early 2011, making Apex the most recent addition to the aluminum extrusion market. With a 170,000 square foot facility and some of the most modern equipment in its industry, we believe in the extensive use of technology and in the ongoing investment and development of our processes and people.
As a market leader, we are always on the lookout for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. Our goal is to strive for perfection and to provide the quality our customers deserve!
This position is a full-time position with generous overtime during our busy periods.
This Fabricator role is within our Facades Division www.apexfacades.com. The key responsibilities for this energetic and committed individual will be to perform a variety of fabrication duties in a production environment including assembly, sorting and packaging. Forklift experience is definitely considered an asset.
- Do YOU have the natural ability to analyze, identify issues and offer solutions to solve problems and drive success?
- Are YOU a creative and analytical thinker?
- Do YOU consider yourself an A player?
- Are YOU on the lookout for that next growth opportunity?
We are actively seeking next level players to join our team. For the right individual we will train.
Specific Skills/Job Requirements:
- Installation of glass sealed units into aluminum frames, including caulking and sealing
- Experience working with power hand tools considered an asset
- Fabricating and assembling aluminum products such as curtain wall, storefront, windows and doors with various hand tools and machinery
- Effective use of CNC equipment, routine maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Work with a variety of saws, punch press, shears, folders, and various other equipment
- Confidently read and interpret drawings, program basic equipment, and operate machine efficiently, provide continuous quality checks along the process
- Foresee measurement issues and how the parts combine together (visually spacial ability)
- Be able to comfortably lift 50 lbs
- Comply with the Workplace Safety and Health Act and the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Complete production tasks within scheduled time frame
- Read blueprints/Review drawings identify materials and assemble components as directed
- Inspect systems for quality control
- Proper packaging of products
- Some overtime work as needed
- Perform other production and elemental activities
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots required (CSA approved). All other necessary PPE supplied by us.
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Work Site: Manufacturing environment
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
- Safety oriented
- Fast learner
- Organized & detail oriented
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Work-boot allowance
- Annual company events
- Internal advancement opportunities
- Attendance & referral bonuses
Qualified, ambitious candidates are invited to submit their application. Thank you to all interested applicants, however only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.