Weldco-Beales Manufacturing designs and manufactures specialized heavy equipment attachments for the construction, forestry, mining, scrap recycling, road maintenance and resource industries throughout Canada, the USA and internationally. Weldco prides itself on providing a great employee experience where safety always comes first. Weldco-Beales is currently recruiting a Fabricator/Fitter for the Langley manufacturing team. This position will report to the General Foreman.
Weldco-Beales prides itself on maintaining a strong culture of safety, hard work, and pleasing our customers with high quality customer service and products. We have an all hands-on deck attitude where everyone has a genuine interest in the company’s success. We all know if the company does well, we all do well. We are looking for like-minded people who will support our culture. If you fit the bill, please read on…
Your primary responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to work with heavy plate steel
- Plan the sequence of tasks and assemble parts according to drawings
- Fabricate steel weldments and use measuring instruments
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates together to form complete units or sub-units
- Fasten components together (by tack weld) in preparation for a welder to complete the process
- Ensure product quality
- Operates and uses various other tools and hand grinders
- Active participation in the safety program
- Journeyman certification in welding or fitting or a Registered 3rd Year Apprentice
- Have a minimum of 3+ years related in the manufacturing industry
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have problem solving skills to methodically and logically work through problems
- Be proficient in the use of all tools common to the fabrication shop environment
- Have a good working knowledge of acetylene cutting
- Have overhead crane experience
What you bring to the position:
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 35 kg.
- Excellent safety record
If you feel you fit the overall profile, please clearly demonstrate this in your cover letter and resume when applying.
What we bring:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, insurances, Employee Assistance Program, MSP (BC)
- Company Pension Plan with 3% company matching
- Rewards – employee incentive program, service awards, company/team events
- Personal growth, career advancement opportunities
- Feedback and recognition for a job well done
- Education and apprenticeship support
- A workplace the prides itself on safety, cleanliness, respect, and results.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation) and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Powered by JazzHR