Hill & Smith Inc. is an industry leading provider of highway safety products, software and services. Our mission is to keep the traveling public safe while providing an enriching and satisfying work environment for our team members.
· This is a full-time Fabrication ( Welder/Fitter) position located at our Lake City, Florida plant.
· We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following three components: Health and wellness benefits (e.g., medical, dental, vision, etc.) Vacation benefits, financial security benefits (e.g., 401(k), life insurance, etc.).
Essential Job Functions:
-Use of hand tools; grinders, scrapers, tape measures etc.
-Proficient at GMAW and FCAW welding
-Able to pass a welding test
-Ability to lift to 60lbs
-Other job-related functions may be required
Essential Skills and Experience:
· High School Diploma or higher
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· 2 years of Welding experience
Key Personal Attributes…
· Detail Oriented – isolates problems and determines and implements solutions
· Adaptable/Flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shift in direction
· Autonomous/Independent – good at working with little direction
About Hill & Smith Inc.
Hill & Smith Inc. is an industry leading manufacturer of a wide range of transportation safety products. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Hill & Smith Inc. is a member of the HS Roads & Security division of Hill & Smith Holdings PLC, based in Birmingham, England and publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange. Our worldwide Group Purpose is to “Create sustainable infrastructure and safe transport through innovation.”
Hill & Smith Inc. operates five manufacturing facilities in the US and sells a wide array of transportation safety products around the world. Such products include roadside safety hardware (steel barriers and attenuators), work zone safety products (arrow boards, message boards, and speed trailers) and ITS smart work zone solutions (roadside data collection equipment and software). We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $21.50 per hour
Work Location: One location