Raw Steel Fabrication ltd is an experienced metal fabricator servicing the Pulp and paper, petrochemical, and power generation markets in North Eastern Nova Scotia, Cape Breton, and surrounding areas.
The position of Welder/Fabricator/Foreman includes, but is not limited to the coordination of production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures. It is expected that the foreman coordinate work amongst other welders and fabricators in the shop, as well, work alongside in the fabrication process.
The use of various hand tools, machinery, and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. This position will work with project managers and fabricators to ensure continuous improvements in work cells, hitting quotas, welding according to pre-set parameters using primarily Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW). Possess strong knowledge and skill in operating all metalworking machinery. Additionally, the employee will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders, and other written instructions as well as keep track of time allocated to jobs, log inventory, and material transactions to onsite database technology as the job requires.
· Quality Orientation
· Time Management
· Creative and Innovative Thinking
· Development and Continual Learning
· Problem Solving
· Accountability and Dependability
· Decision making and Judgement
· Operating Equipment
· Mathematical Reasoning
· Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
· Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
· Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
· Maintain safe work practices
· Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
· Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
· Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work
· Reviews blueprints and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in an environment intended for use
· Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
· Other assigned work as required
· 3-5 years’ experience as a Welder, fabricator or fabrication shop foreman preferred.
FCAW CWB tickets (S or T class, all positions) considered an asset
· SMAW tickets/experience considered an asset
· Machining experience considered an asset
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment
· Experience with routine maintenance operations
· Experience in working with Overhead cranes with or without a load attached.
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Able to work well under pressure
· Strong attention to detail
· 24/7 availability may be required
· Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
· Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
· Overtime as required
· Hazards associated with the trade
· Work both indoors and outdoors
· Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
· Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
We appreciate all candidates interested in this position however, only those selected for an interview for this position will be contacted.
Job Types: FULL TIME
Salary: $25-30/ hr
Monday to Friday
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour
- Fitting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fabrication Shop: 1 year (Preferred)