Welder – Intermediate Level
In an increasingly digital world, it’s easy to overlook where we came from. The manufacturing trade is alive and well and Northwest Technologies is looking for individuals looking for a lifelong career with opportunities to work with state-of-the-art machinery into the new age.
Northwest Technologies is a metal fabrication and manufacturing facility located in Fort Worth. We specialize in providing the finest manufacturing solutions for a wide range of industries. Our state-of-the-art machinery allows us to provide each client with precisely fabricated, meticulously built finished products. Due to our diverse experience and capabilities, NWT is able to create products as big as our two-story shop and as small as the nuts and bolts that hold it together.
We currently looking for Intermediate Level Welders to join our team! This position is for our day shift: 6:00am-4:30pm, Monday – Thursday (40+ hours per week) with possible overtime on Friday. If you are looking for a place to expand your welding knowledge and work on interesting projects, NWT is the place for you!
What you can expect to do day to day:
- Weld parts to meet customer specifications, production schedules, and recognized industry standards
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, cranes, hand tools, and precision measuring tools
- Read drawings for fabrication
What you bring to the table:
· Have manufacturing experience
· Have reliable and predictable attendance
· Be self-motivated and self-directed
· Able to read prints accurately
· Able to understand basic weld symbols
· Ability to meet most allotted time frames
· Ability to perform quality finish welds
· Able to TIG weld small projects
· Proficient with cosmetic finishing and welding
· MIG on mild steel and stainless
· Simple pipework, spools, and small headers in MIG and TIG.
· Set up positioners efficiently.
· Able to set welding machine parameters for TIG and MIG in steel, stainless, and aluminum.
· Able to weld pressure vessels and leak test
· Able to weld 14ga and up with consistent success
What we have to offer you:
An affordable and comprehensive benefits package, including:
· Medical, dental and vision plans
· Flexible spending plan
· 401k retirement plan including a matching contribution
· Short term and long-term disability plans and life insurance
· PTO and seven paid holidays [including the day after Thanksgiving!]
- Additional benefits, such as safety shoe reimbursements, purchase programs, and quarterly employee meals
- Competitive wages
- Training and development opportunities
Ready to apply?
Please click the apply button below!
Please note that all considered applicants will be required to take a skill test at our facility as part of the interview process and must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check. We look forward to hearing from you!
Want to know more about us? Watch a short video on our home page here: http://www.nw-technologies.com/ to let us introduce ourselves! Then take a peek at the rest of our website to learn about our company, our services, and see pictures of our work and our facility.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Worth, TX 76111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- All employees are required to undergo a background check. If offered a position are you willing to submit to this check?
- We are a drug and alcohol free workplace, we follow federal guidelines and have a zero tolerance for the use of marijuana. Pre-employment and random drug screens are performed regularly. Are you willing/ able to comply with this policy?
Work Location: One location