Ward’s Hydraulic Services LTD
Ward’s Hydraulic Services LTD is looking for a team oriented individual to perform duties listed in our “Field Machinist / Welder” position. Ward’s Hydraulic Services values it commitment to safe work practices, team building atmospheres and quality product output to our clientele in the Oilsands Region. If you value safety, have a great work ethic, and are committed to the company credence; apply now!
Responsibilities and Duties
Field Machinist / Welder:
- Machining background which includes machinery experience with:
Climax AutoBore Welding & Line Boring Tooling / York Tool AutoBore Welding & Line Boring Tooling
- Field weld & machine including mining equipment, but not limited to:
Hydraulic & Electric Mining Shovels / Excavators / Bulldozers / Haul Trucks / Rock Trucks / Support Equipment (Bobcats, Forklifts / Telehandlers)
- Shop works as required including: Welding / Machining / Parts Manufacturing / Parts Drawing Creation
- Seal measurements & crossover experience preferred.
- Maintain and repair in house equipment as required.
- Assist in manufacturing of cylinder components.
- Assemble – test & paint components as required.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
· Experience with hydraulic component repairs & machining considered a strong asset.
· Journeyman Machinist (Required)
· Journeyman Welder (Preferred)
· Basic mathematical skills (Required)
· General Arrangement & Manufacturing Drawing Experience
· Strong communication skills.
· Overhead crane certification (Preferred)
· Forklift Operations certificate (Preferred)
· Dual Ticketed – Machinist & Welder (Preferred)
· Class 5 Drivers License (NO GDL) (Required)
· Class 3 Drivers License w/ Q-Endorsement (Preferred)
Possible Shift Scenarios:
· Possible morning to afternoon shifts.
· Possible afternoon to evening shifts.
· Possible weekend & holiday shifts.
· Possible overtime shifts.
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
Salary: $75,287.00-$136,200.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Machinist: 5 years (Required)
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Class 3 (Preferred)
- Class 5 (Required)